INAPEF is comprised of more than 60 public education foundations
from around the state of Indiana.
These foundations provide opportunities for donors to give back to
their schools by funding teacher and classroom grants, student scholarships, and more. They
partner with their schools to enrich the lives of students and teachers every day, often providing
funding for new software or extra enrichment activities.
Education foundations play an important role in Indiana communities,
connecting private citizens with public education and providing resources to classrooms that
otherwise would not be possible.
In 2000, the foundations came together to form INAPEF to serve as a
resource to local education foundations and as a catalyst to increase community involvement for
the enhancement of public education in the state of Indiana. In a time of tightening budgets,
supporting our teachers and students has never been more important!
Since the early 1980s there has been a steadily growing number of public
education foundations formed in local communities throughout Indiana. Parents, educators and
business leaders have joined together to:
- Support creativity and unique educational activities through private funding
- Provide funds for educational programs that motivate, recognize and appreciate students and teachers
- Inspire a broad vision of education and enable collaboration at the local level
INAPEF serves as a resource to local education foundations and as
a catalyst to increase community involvement for the enhancement of public education in Indiana.
- More than $6million raised annually by member foundations to enrich the education of Indiana students.
- Numerous networking and educational opportunities for members
- Serves as a resource for existing and newly- forming foundations
- Funds Foundation Development Grants for member foundations